Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rocket World - Customizing the Avatar

I entered the Rocket World EMMS. My avatar was a generic female, running around in tight red pants. I rather liked the pants, but I needed to customize "Ruth" a bit, so she could become me. Or the virtual wanna-be.
I started by right-clicking on the avatar and clicked on Appearance. A window popped up with Body Parts and Clothes to customize. You could choose the avatar to wear them right away and you could also store them in Inventory (bottom right-hand corner). If I could not modify a body part or an item of clothing,
I created them from scratch.


Customizing hair, eyes, brows - shape, color, style.
The Appearance window gives you options to choose the body part color or shape with a sliding scale.


Customizing the clothes - top, pants and shoes - style, shape and color.
I was able to try out different options and either choose to wear them right away or store them in the Inventory for later.


Customizing the outfit - jacket - style, shape, color.
I picked a jacket to go over my skimpy top - after all She attends Boston College!


It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment