Saturday, July 23, 2011

Powerbullet Assignment 1

I opened Powerbullet I chose New from the File menu to create a new animation. I am creating a Flash file that will animate my name using text. First I created a purple page by going to Draw settings -> Background color. The feature can also be accessed on the Draw settings toolbar - hover over the icons until you find Set background color. Then I clicked on Insert command on the Menu and chose Text. I wrote my name and set the font type, size and color. You can do that by going to Text command on the main Menu, or through the Text toolbar.


I positioned the text frame on the central spot on the page. To animate the text, make sure the Text frame is selected, then go to Selection on the main Menu and Animation and effects. You can choose the Type of animation you want from the drop-down menu. You can go to Page -> Preview to see what the animation looks like, or simply use the Preview button on the bottom Toolbar, which looks like an old-fashioned film projector.


Through the Export settings, which can be accessed from the File command,  you can decide if your animation will be flashed once or continuously (Loop needs to be check-marked ). If you are happy with your animation, you Export the file (File -> Export), which will save the animation on your hard drive. In order to have your animation on the Internet you need to upload the .swf file to your website.
Click on the link below to see the animation.



It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment