Saturday, July 30, 2011

Creating a NASA space shuttle (orbiter)

I started off by creating the main body of the orbiter. I chose Hemicylinder, a shape that is flat on one side and rounded on the other.

I created the top of the orbiter with a Cone shape and placed it on the body.
I needed to fly all the time while creating the orbiter because of its height -
I could not shape or position the parts while standing on the ground.

I added two wings made with Prisms and two engines made with Spheres that
I stretched. I did a lot of flying around to position all the elements right in the 3D space. Using the Position and Size coordinates for all the parts was essential for me to do the assignment.

I changed the color of the top and the engines.


Here is my Endeavour orbiter.
Almost like the one below :)



It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc


No comments:

Post a Comment