Thursday, July 28, 2011

Building 3D Objects in Rocket World EMMS

I am getting ready to Create!
I chose a place with some space around to position my objects.

If you right-click anywhere on the terrain and then right-click on Create, a window pops up with shapes to chose from. Per assignment, I chose a Cone first and left-clicked on the terrain. A magic wand created a shape with arrows  to position the prim (primitive object). If you go into the window and choose Stretch, you can make the object bigger or smaller. You need to alternate between Position and Stretch to make sure your object is positioned on the terrain and not disappearing into the ground.

With the Create command I chose a Cone.

If you right-click on the shape, chose Edit and go into Object and Texture tabs, you can give your object a different texture and color. By default the object is made of wood. You can pick the material at the bottom of Object tab and then pick the texture on the Texture tab from OpenSim Library/Texture Library. You can customize the color on Color Picker by choosing the shade, hue, etc.

With the Edit command I chose the texture and color for my object.

I repeated the steps I described above while creating a Sphere and a Box.

Now I am creating the second object: the Sphere.

Resizing the object. Choosing the texture and color for the Sphere.

Onto the third object: the Box. To create a Box, I chose a Cube shape.

Resizing the Box. Giving it texture and color.

It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc


No comments:

Post a Comment