Saturday, July 23, 2011

Powerbullet Assignment 2

Here I am creating a Flash file that will animate an object. I chose a New file from the File menu command. First I set Background color (for details see Powerbullet Assignment 1). Then from Insert command I chose the object shape I wanted to animate: I picked a Rectangle.


Having selected the shape, I accessed Fill color and Gradient setup - available from the Draw settings command or from the Draw settings toolbar. You can play with the color to create a custom color for your object. Gradient setup is fun: you can choose how many layers or shades your color will have and what direction they will take.


Next I added a frame to my object by selecting another Rectangle. While the first rectangle, the object itself has a Fill (right-click on the selected object and choose Item properties), the frame needs to be 'empty', i.e. have no fill, but an Outline. At the end I animated the two objects, just like the Text in Powerbullet Assignment 1 and having Previewed the animation, I Exported the file to save it.


Powerbullet Assignment 2


It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment